Saturday, October 20, 2012

Here is a truth: Civilization celebrates those who succeed in spite of rather than because of. Which are you? Which would you like to be? When I look at the men and women I admire in my life, the ones who stir me most are those who came up in very difficult times and overcame those roadblocks to succeed where many other fell by the wayside. I have been privileged to know some of those people.
AND sadly many of the others. It doesn't see fair, but Jesus talked of this in the parable of the Mina. It's why He commends those who overcome in the Book of Revelation. Declaring that you are an overcomer, belonging to church with the name Overcomer in it, reading a book about overcoming is useless if you never really overcome. We need to see the obstacle and overcome by the word of our testimony and the Blood of the Lamb...not by the word of our government and the blood of the taxpayer. Time for real talk on all that.

No comments: