Saturday, November 02, 2013

I do NOT understand why this is an issue

. We all ate horsemeat here and overseas for centuries. It's good meat. Why only in this country do we seem to be hesitant? It's anthropomorphism. The concept of attaching human traits to animals. I know I'll get feedback, but it's unrealistic to not eat what is available... and believe me there is a lot of horse on the hoof that is lost because of regulation and ideas like the author of this article writes. I was born on an indian reservation, dig down deep, puppy in the bottom was often said over a nice pot of stew. Culture is a strange thing. A lot of things we don't eat and think are gross are common in other parts of the world. Don't believe me? Go to China, Korea and Japan and eat among those who live there. You'll soon figure it out. Go to middle Africa. Go to India. This horse meat ban in the USA is strictly cultural. How will you ever reach the nations if you are squeamish about such things? I am thankful I have lived and worked around the world. They are animals, not humans...even if you love them. Animals.

No comments: