Sunday, January 19, 2014

What does Jesus look like?

 More accurately what DID He look like when he was on earth? We have clues. Shroud of Turin. Some paintings that were painted within a hundred years of His life. We have renderings by people who have had a vision of Him. I have one such as the "Wallpaper" on my computer screen. Of course there's that blue eyed, blond haired German Jesus we have on our walls. LOL. I guess Luther must have painted that one.

So what does He look like NOW? John the Revelator had a vision of Him. Not much like the pictures we have. There are other reports of Him from scripture after the resurrection.

People keep trying to figure this deal out.

I have had a few glimpses myself. Here's what I will report and yes I am saying far less than I know. He looks to us as He would recognizable. When He is revealed there is no surprise. No one seeing Him says, WOW I didn't think He looked like THAT. He is revealed to us as we see him. Always in Love. Always with compassion. But if He were revealed to ten thousand different people today visibly, He would be different to many than to others. It's not that He changes, it's the revelation of His Beauty. And the more we come to know Him, the more beautiful He becomes and His revelation changes. It's an eye of beholder thing. YET to all people He will be as beautiful as you can stand... or comprehend.. and just as you grasp a bit of that He reveals a bit more and you fall and cry HOLY.

No comments: