Wednesday, February 05, 2014

where you live matters

If your goal in life is to live off the largess of others, then where you live matters. I don't know what the minimum wage thingy is all about when you can find yourself livin large in Hawaii...

The national welfare championship goes to Hawaii, which offers $60,590 in annual welfare benefits, once you account for the fact that welfare benefits are tax-free to the recipient, compared to work-related wages. That’s the equivalent of $29.13 an hour. Rounding out the top five were D.C. ($50,820 per year and $24.43 an hour), Massachusetts ($50,540 and $24.30), Connecticut ($44,370 and $21.33), and New York ($43,700 and $21.01).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm currently in the search for sites or blogs. I really liked your site, would like to exchange links. I can add you to my blog for a list of links so that my visitors can see your site as well, in return I ask link to my website sancassano.com

any questions only contact me

greetings, I am waiting for your answer.
karivelezs@gmail.com