Thursday, July 03, 2014

10 Top Misconceptions About Pentecostal Christians



If you happen to tune into the Oxygen network's Preachers of L.A. or National Geographic Channel's Snake Salvation,
you might be tempted to believe all Pentecostals are either
money-grubbing charlatans or misguided rural bumpkins. But the truth is
never in the media stereotypes.



I'm a Pentecostal. I don't wear
that label on my sleeve, but I'm not ashamed to admit to anyone that I'm
a Christian who believes in the power of the Holy Spirit. Yet when I
use the word Pentecostal to describe myself I get some funny looks.



Some
people think Pentecostals are brainless weirdos who go into
uncontrollable fits during religious services. They're surprised to
learn we have advanced degrees, own businesses, hold public office and
mobilize a lot of the world's charitable work.



To set the record straight, here are 10 facts about Pentecostals that might clear up the misconceptions:



10 Top Misconceptions About Pentecostal Christians

No comments: