Monday, July 07, 2014

"America, Imagine the World Without Her"

I wanted to wait until the first flush subsided. Saturday night I went with a friend to see Dinesh D'Souza's documentary "America, Imagine the World Without Her". I waited because I wanted to clear my eyes. To see it for what it is and is not. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt regarding the veracity of the film in it's assumptions and arguments.

One revelation that stunned me was the fact that there were hundreds of BLACK SLAVE OWNERS in the south before the civil war... They were as cruel and heartless as any white man. Had huge plantations. Bought and sold in the slave market.. even bred slaves for strength like cattle. Supported the confederacy when the civil war was on.

Here's my observations and impressions.. take them for what they are worth.

EVEN if you are a liberal or even a soft democrat, this would be good to see. It has a lot of things in it that a liberal will find challenging. IF a core belief is not challenged it has no capacity to allow for reason. I have seen all of Micheal Moore's documentaries. ALL OF THEM. And painfully sat thru Al Gore's slide show. IF I can do it, so can you. I challenge you to see if you TRULY have an open mind... or are happily blind.

Some of the conclusions whitewash the truth of things... Native Americans and all. I guess I have been there. Yet.. the argument is a good one.

His indictment of President Obama while not new is pretty hard hitting. It became weaker when he tried to bring Hillary into the mix.

The best part of the movie was a stirring rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.

Of course most liberals are of the "I won't waste my money on such things I already know what's in it without having to see it". That's strange but I didn't. There were surprises.

I would say that as a truthful filmmaker D'Sousa is more honest than Moore.. but just as doctrinaire.

So if you have an once of intellectual honesty, you will pony up the cash and take this in... you might want to walk out.. but if you stay you will find yourself challenged in ways you didn't know. It's playing somewhere in your market right now...

At least if you are honest intellectually... which sadly most liberals are not.

No comments: