Friday, July 11, 2014

"I'M ALL F__KED UP"

I was in a bible study Monday invited by a friend. The young pastor of a new church plant in our area was conducting the study. During the meet and greet portion of the night discussion about the Sunday Service there was a story that was told. A guy had come to the altar for prayer and when he was asked by the Pastor what his prayer need was, he responded (not a religious person) "I'm all F___ked up".

Fortunately the young pastor is not a religious person and took this as a cry for help and began to minister to him. It was frankly refreshing to hear someone so transparently in need and willing to come for help without a load of religious jargon.

IF the all f'd up offends you, you would have been offended by Jesus who said: "Why is your Teacher eating with the tax collectors and sinners?" 12But when Jesus heard this, He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick. 13"But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Matt 9:12

We have sanitized this too much in our cultural context.. the fact is the all f'd up are the ones who most need Jesus.

Tuesday night I was ministering at Crusaders, a young man came. Maybe 30. He didn't use the phrase exactly, but he certainly described the situation he was in and it was all messed up. I spent a long time with him. Till they were kicking us out of the building. I hope he finds peace. I prayed with him, for him, laid hands on, prophesied, counseled... loved on him.

I wonder if any ministry would have the courage to say, "We are looking to help people who's lives are all F'd UP", that's who Jesus spent time with.

No comments: