Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Fornication is Funny...... or?



I watched a TV show last night, one I like. In it there were 2 situations where people were having sex outside of marriage. Implied. Not seen.. There was humor written around the scenes.

It hit me. How far we have fallen.

I remember when on the Dick Van Dyke show they had to sleep in separate beds to avoid any indication of sexual activity. Then 30 years later I remember the first time on the show moonlighting when the idea was that the main characters were going to have sex.. and people cheered. I recall thinking... what? are we are being amused by the successful sexual event outside of marriage.

Today if you can watch a night of TV and not see it, and it's portrayed as humor, you are asleep.

Fifty Shades of Grey didn't just happen.. it came when we sank far enough. Lady Chatterly's lover was a big scandal when I was a kid. Today it would be 5th grade reading.

I know I'm a fuddy duddy. Age has a way of making your fuddy a duddy.

Just thought it was time to hold up that plumb line again.. see anything out of kilter?

No comments: