Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Choice .... and there are no others

What we are fooling ourselves with is the idea that we can save lots of people from dying of a virus and have a civilization that survives and prospers.

The governor of Illinois who has no common sense whatsoever is overshooting.

Here's the truth...  pretty much no matter what in the end a couple hundred thousand people are going to die or we end up in a cultural changed of great depression worse than ever seen and thousands of people are going to die... more than the couple hundred thousand people that will die anyway.

I don't want people to die.  I really don't. I don't want my brother or sister to die. I don't want my wife to die.  I also don't want to leave a world for my kids and grandkids that kills them.

The choice is clear.  We must try hard to move to a world we can move towards.  It will not be the same. There will be risks. Many will die.

Yet... that's what wars do. Kill.  Most of the time it is young men.  This time it is the sick and old.


If you think the trade-off is not needed, you aren't thinking clearly.

No comments: