Friday, September 16, 2005

Not Every Sad Tale is True

You saw it.  The Parish President from the New Orleans area on Meet the Press telling the tale of a woman in a nursing home who called her son every day for several days as the water rose to ask:  "Are they coming, is anyone coming".  And tearfully he assured, "Yes Momma, they're coming". 
 
Then we were told she drown because no one came.
 
It broke my heart.  Peggy cried.  The man on TV cried.  It was tragic. 
 
EXCEPT
 
It was all a lie.  He broke my wife's heart for POLITICAL gain.  I doubt some sad stories I see on TV.  Sometimes they are just too darn convenient.  So should you.
 
I have been accused of being just a little cynical.  Accused of not being the Christian I "Pretend" to be.  I'll let others decide.  I know in whom I believe.
 
My only question is, will this play on NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, Washington Post, or perhaps the show which started it all, Meet the Press.    We'll see.  This is my little coal to help see if more heat will stoke up the feet I hope are in the fire.
 

1 comment:

NodakJack said...

That really bugs me. What a lowlife. I can't imagine the corruption of that state/town. Every time you turn around, you find more trash about those folk.
And, imagine...the guy was WHITE!