Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Gutenberg LIVES

I believe that the world of the blog is changing everything. I didn't at first. I do now. Even very conservative people are now saying things you old pro's in blogging may have thought long ago.

1. The Gutenberg Press Brought the Word's truth to the Masses.
2. The blog and whatever permutations follow on behind which will be many is bring the masses truth to the masses.

Just as Gutenberg made it impossible for false religious leaders to lie about what the Bible said, the blog is making it impossible for News and Political leaders to lie about what is really happening. See Dan Rather.

This is a revolution. Pure and simple. Don't let the fact that you have been doing this for a while blind you, or that you don't see it yet. This is a big deal.

I must confess, I think Ariana Huffington (with whom I disagree on almost everything) has a good idea. Creating a virtual community of opinions accessible at a glance for review. Drudge Report of blogs of around a general mindset. Clever.

Ok, my right thinking friends, how bout it! Can we get over out independance and do better?

No comments: