Friday, May 13, 2005

Linkers and Thinkers

There are basically two kinds of Blogs, linkers and thinkers. Those who are primarily accumulations of links without much original content, and others.

I would like to believe people read my or any blog for creative content. I would like to but I am more and more convinced this is a little game of I poke you - you poke me. In this week's Forbes Magazine a column about the blogosphere mentioned this post. His complete analysis and a link to him makes the whole argument.

I wonder about LINKER type blogs 6 months old with way more links than thinks who have 20% of all the hits a much more original blog (mostly THINKER) written well that is nearly 3 years old.
There's something wrong with this picture except for the fact that there is a blogger quid pro quo about which I know little and in which I choose not to participate.

Trevor Romain (Trevor's blog Read Below) is all original, all his own thinking and writing and it's spreading like wildfire because of it's quality. No gimmicks. No traffic builders. It that too much of a standard to reach for? I will strive to do better writing. The bar he has set is very high. Thanks for the challenge Trevor.

I will be true to myself and if you are my solo reader today I will be content. I think in the long run original thought with some documentation by link is more interesting than I-saw-this- linkism.

No comments: