Sunday, June 19, 2005

I am a fuddy duddy

This last weekend we took care of a little guy (7) who we have cared for from birth. He brought his game cube and several games. Every one was shoot, jump, kill destroy bang bang. The Matrix would be placid next to any of these. Even a game based on the kids movie “Madagascar” was won by destroying property and kicking the police.

I had enough. I went to the video store and tried to rent a better game. I’m sad to tell you there was little of any value. One Japanese game like a sim game was not too bad. But, out of the 30 or so titles on the shelf only 2 were non violent.

This little guy has behavior problems in school.

I blame it on video games.

He won’t be bringing it to our home again. I hope he comes to stay. He needs deprogramming.

This is not a good thing in our society.

No comments: