Friday, June 17, 2005

Taking the Plunge

I don't have enough else to do. I'm not busy enough. I don't have enough people tugging on my time.

That's a joke (not funny).

But, I'm like Noah and have begun to build an ark. 10 years ago we were ready to move back to ND. We sold our house. Moving van coming in 3 days. Then I got a word in the night from God. (I know this will frustrate you who don't share what I know to be true. I don't love you less. I wish you did) Instant in obedience, we sold, put all our household goods in storage and lived with friends for months until we were able to move into the house we now have. All this in response to a word and a vision. This was a clear vision of what his purpose was where we were living right then. St Charles IL.

Right now, if I want to be part of a blow out the walls Pentecostal Church with a full flow of the gifts of the Spirit I have to drive 45-60 miles in any direction. There are some small struggling works in the area but each of them (average of 20-60 people) are stuck. It's very hard to break out and move up. They aren't making the impact God intends for this region. I have tried to be part of start up works and recognize that most are simply ego hobbies of men or women without a vision. I have no intention of being a Pastor, I have every intent of allowing God to select and put in place the Man of God he has already called before the foundation of the earth for this good work.

I have well meaning Godly friends who believe that God is done with the organized Church. They maintain House Churches are the answer. I'm not convinced. It doesn't line up with the vision. Most important, when I was given this open vision of what this would look like it was large venue. I have been in meetings and services like this. They are precious and wonderful beyond belief. The experience prepares us to experience heaven this side of the veil and creates a hunger for the pure presence of God. If house church can do this I'm ready to listen.

It's time for St Charles, Geneva, Batavia and surrounds to manifest the full counsel of God in spirit and truth with worshippers like King David. Why not here, why not us, why not now.

So, with the hope of support of like minded believers and leaders and with the effective efforts of people of vision I am taking this step. I have been here before. I have seen it work; but more often than I would like, I have seen it fail. If the model for this effort works, it will be one that spirit filled believers across America can use. This is worth doing. The stakes are high.

I'll keep you posted. If you don't understand it's OK. So on to Ark Building. Now where did I put those nails and that gopher wood?

No comments: