Thursday, June 16, 2005

Harry Stuff

I like Le Show. I like the Simpsons. Both have Harry Shearer as creative influence. Harry is a liberal. But he has always been as hard on Clinton and Dan Rather as he is on Bush. So, he's an equal opportunity liberal.

He comments in Huffington Land about what a "REAL" journalist is. I couldn't agree more. I have blogged several times in the past about these "more literate and knowledgeable than thou" jerks. I put up with them in School, I've put up with them my whole life. Guess what, they are all begging you to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. They are for the most part frauds. Certainly not all. But I confess the preponderance. Julies comment about pretty people getting press when they are lost or run away (Aruba and Runaway Bride) holds for journalists. What about obese ugly newscasters. Any market? I think not.

No comments: