Sunday, August 21, 2005

Don't fill your tank all the way to the top (See Ethanol Below)

I predicted a long time ago that this oil price surge would be temporary. I still believe that and want to help allay your fear. An OPEC member who has every reason in the world to see oil stay high agrees with me. His technical analysis is better than mine but as my friend Larry Ristvedt continues to say, The cure for high prices is high prices.

So, next time you fill your tank relax. Don't fill it all the way to the top with high priced fuel. Trees have tops and we just hit one. When I heard some young oil analyst on FOX NEWS proclaim that prices were going to $90 and $3 gasoline was here to stay I said thank God. The oil crisis is over.

This isn't contrarian thinking exactly, it's more the reality of the market. Think Lag and Reaction. Think long view.

Don't fill up your tank.

UPDATE: A column in todays Chicago Tribune (Sunday) is pretty revealing. The price of gasoline and crude oil is coming down. Read it for yourself. I also posted it here to make sure you could read it without subscribing.
These people are smarter than me and I say again. Don't fill your tank all the way to the top.

No comments: