Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Toothache

I have been fortunate to have good teeth most of my life. But age ravages all things. I have had a world class toothache. I go to the dentist for really "good" news at 10AM tomorrow (that's positive confession).

My toothache was so bad I had to take (am taking) an antibiotic so the dentist can work on the tooth. This can't be good. (Wait, that was negative confession).

I'm a pansy when it comes to taking prescription drugs. No side effect is good. I take almost none. I will tough it out. I tried to with this one. Didn't work.

Yesterday in pain I attempted to work. I could barely drive. My mind was preoccupied with the pain, my body swooned. My face pulsed with every heartbeat.

I got a glimpse of how those on Chemo or other serious disease (that's why they call it Dis- Ease) can become discouraged. That's why they see themselves hopeless.

My reliever was an antibiotic and a dentist. Theirs may be only time and eternity.

I will be more tolerant and caring with those with chronic pain in the future.

No comments: