Tuesday, August 16, 2005

God Given Right

I just returned from North Dakota. Drove across ND after visiting business associates in Bismarck. Then Thru MN, and WI. Not until I began driving thru Illinois did I get away from the left hand lane idiots.

We have a law I love in Illinois. If you drive in the left lane too long and you aren't passing someone you will be pulled over and given a ticket. Hundreds of dollars I hope. In Germany they have the same law.

You should have heard the squawk when this law was placed in effect in IL. The talk radio airwaves were full of, "" It's my God Given Right to drive in the left lane if I want too"". NOT! And, ""all the people who want me out of the way are speeding, I'm driving the speed limit"" . I despise those most of all. Hall monitors of the highway. I have been known to receive occasional governmental memorabilia for exceeding the posted limit a bit. Let the cops do their job and you butt out. The law in IL says, you are not the cops, if someone is coming up behind you fast, get out of the way.

I wish the states of MN, ND and WI would implement this law and put anyone in jail who violates it. On the other hand there would be masses of humanity from those states in jail from my observations. It would cut down on traffic however.

Here's a tip for you GOD GIVEN RIGHT drivers, if someone comes up behind you, move to the right, and if someone passes you on the right it's YOUR FAULT. You''re in the wrong Lane.!!!!!!!!

MOVE OVER!

GET OUT OF THE WAY!

I checked the Bible thru and thru, trust me on this, it's NOT your God Given Right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, it's in there: "If thy neighbor's donkey be on the left, thou must passeth on the right, saying unto him 'Move thy ass', for this is the word of the Lord." Hezekiah 3:16. Its right after the passage "After thou moveth to the left or right, leave thy signal aglow, so that all may know from where you have come, and may rejoice in it."