Thursday, August 18, 2005

Pictures of Northern Gleaner in North Dakota

Here are pictures from the North Dakota excursion I have written about.

This is me in several rows of Silverberry. Eleagnus commutata. The only native Olive Tree or shrub native to North America and it grown in ND.

When I grew up there was a small town village called Silverleaf about 7 miles east of Ellendale. It had dances at it's dancehall.

It was named for this plant which no longer grows there.. Herbicide did it in.


This is me out standing in my field. Well not mine exactly. But it is a nursery in ND near Oakes that I was instrumental in getting started. This grower has done a great job and this will become a substantial property in time. North Dakota should be a nursery growing power. I'm trying to help.





This is my bride. We visited the Buffalo museum in Jamestown. These are some fine ND products. Unfortunately the hat which I would have thought some authentic Indian made in ND (I would have bought it) could only have been made by an Indian if they lived in CHINA. Is it still ok to say Indian in ND??










This is My Granddaughter Shalisa. Lisa with a Sha. They call her sissy. She is funny. I think she likes grandpa. It's hard to get her to smile.

















This is Peggy and Sissy. At Speakeasy in Moorhead. They still make the finest Fettuchini in the world. I've seen the world. Trust me.








This is my daughter in law Raquella.

She is married to Tim, our oldest. That is her son, our grandson Brian. Their oldest.

Smart Kid. Rules the roost.








This is Jaxson. He is 2. Wonderful child.
Really knows how to charm. Not sure about Grandpa. Took days to warm him up at all.

So, I'll wait. Maybe by Thanksgiving he'll soften up







This is Brian again and Tim our son.

He fell down.

He'll live.


This last picture is the Holy White Buffalo at Jamestown. White Cloud. I Genuflected. Hope that's OK.

No comments: