Thursday, September 22, 2005

I Wish I Were From Texas

Not really, but if I were I would have every right to be proud of my state.

Texans have a saying, there are only two kinds of people in the world, those from Texas and those who wish they were. I’m not wishin.

The last few weeks after Katrina have made me wish the rest of the country was just like Texas. (Excluding Molly Ivins who Texans must be keeping around for comic relief)

Houston, Dallas, taking in and organizing refugees (those who seek refuge is what a refugee is for you politically correct types) the way they have. Giving, giving and giving some more.

Now Rita.

Organized exit. No questions. No nonsense. Just Gitter Done.

Something there is about Texas. It has a southern positive attitude, it has Bible belt compassion, a conservative bent, it don’t take no crap, and is the center of the country beltbuckle wise.

Texas, I’m proud that we other 49 states are allowed to be part of the Republic of Texas for a while. We will wear the Lone Star with pride.

Thank you Texas for Crawford’s best you graciously lent to the rest of the USA for 8 years.

Thank God for Texas. Thank You Texans. Lead on. Here’s your Yellow Rose.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Excluding Molly Ivins who Texans must be keeping around for comic relief)

Unfortunately, we've been trying to get rid of her for years. Nobody will take her. ;-)

Bryan S.
www.arguewithsigns.net
(Texan transplanted to South Carolina)

Pancho said...

Very nice......thanks from Midland Texas.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments. However, W is not the best of Texas--the best are the everyday folks.

Thanks again.

Jeff said...

It wan't enough to offer some praise for the job being done, and done well, by the people of Texas and their government ... you just had to get in a little dig at Molly Ivins, as well ... why?

If you really had any sense of what's going on down here, you would have realized that you could have filled post after post, page after page, with the good, the positive ...

But, no, you couldn't pass up a chance to take a verbal axe to Miss Ivins ... I guess that's how you "... leave the woodpile higher than I found when I came ..."

Gene said...

Thanks for your Comments,

Bryan, don't send her north to Illinois. She is in the Chicago Tribune, Yikes. That's bad enough.

Pancho, You're Welcome

Sleepwalker, I didnt say TEXAS best, read it again, I said, Crawford's best. That's a smaller universe. Still in all Thanks Texas for the GWB.

We would be worse off without him.

AND Jeff,
I'll bet there are a lot of great stories about the wonderful things going on in TX. Miss Ivins in many people's opinion, and I have a right to mine, is not one of them. She constantly is digging away at what I believe, deluded or not, to be important in America. She's fair game. Read the whole blog, you'll see I am consitant in my critique.

And she's a big girl. If she read this she would say "all publicity is good publicity". I think the woodpile is higher, didn't say it was ALL wood. In some people's judgement it might be something else.

Besides you have to cut down a few trees to make a higher woodpile. I happened to pick one you wanted to be left alone.

Sorry

Cowtown Pattie said...

I thankee kindly for the Lone Star sized compliments, and only wish you could see what I see in Molly. Personally, I love her gumption, her bird-doggedness in the wonderful world of journalism. Takes all kinds, and I am glad to have Molly around. Like Kinky, she'a a Texas treasure!

Anonymous said...

Another thanks from the great state of Texas, land of (generally) common-sense types.

Re: Molly Ivins - Your blog, your right to say what you want. She and Kinky are more like thorns on the yellow rose. You don't have to like them, but you accept them as part of the package.

Annie578 said...

Thanks for the kind words. Texans are proud to a fault, but it's only because we're so blessed.