Monday, October 17, 2005

Theoretical Theologians

I haven't wanted to pick a fight. I have no axe to grind.

I'm just becoming frustrated with the theological theoreticians. They are theorizing about a theoretical god. It's becoming another gospel. It's time to call them to account. They need to come back to the true God. Not one of their imaginations.

I;m going to start another blog. (Like the world needs this).

But, somehow I must put in front of people who consider themselves Christians, particularity among those who consider themselves theologically sophisticated the danger of their hubris.

The simplicity of the Word of God has confused the brilliant.

SO, I'm going to begin, In my "spare" time.

There's too much Really FUZZY thinking among Christian leaders.

I'm open for discussion, I'm ready for debate, I prepared for dialogue, I'm going to shut off degradation, and unthought dogma.

Reason is fine, but reason thru the screen of scripture.

What qualifies me or anyone to ask these questions and try to steer the ship back on course?

Read First Corinthians Chapter 2:10

But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Cr 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

1Cr 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Cr 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

1Cr 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1Cr 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

So, when I'm ready I will direct those of you interested to this.

Wait and See.

3 comments:

NodakJack said...

Those words are hard to follow. Those Hebrews had a different word for everything didn't they?

Gene said...

Actually that would have been Greek.
And they were pretty clear in what they said. BUT:

I have several Pastors and others, theologians who read this, I am also in communication with many who like to wrestle with issues of the Bible.

I am concerned with the level of relativist theology that exists particulalry in the Church. In addition to all the other things I have done, I'm actually a Minister of the Gospel. Need a wedding done? Maybe a little unconventional to the long GAWWD speakig types. You know, GAWWWD SAID.....

I have some Biblically centered theologies which I would like to help others who are in a position of leading other people to rethink.

So, unless you are signing up to study the Bible intensly for a while this wasn't targeted to the broad range of folks who read this.

NodakJack said...

Those Greeks also had a different word for everything. And, why Greek? Wasn't Jesus and his group from Hebrewland? Sounds like the Bible only interpreted (re-written) by foreign speakers, for questionable reasons.
I enjoyed your piece. I respect your point of view.