Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Rhino Principle

I received my Forbes Magazine over the weekend.  I am signed up to get that magazine until I’m 70 years old I think.  For a long time every time I got a call from the renewal department, I re-upd. 

 

But sometimes I read something that knocks me for a loop.  This commentary titled the Rhino Principle is one of the best.  It is so motivational.  I have to confess there are some things I am not getting done that this caused me to take another look at.

 

Paul Johnson says:

 

This principle can be applied to many other things, particularly business. When an entrepreneur has an object in his line of vision, he should dismiss all other considerations from his mind, abandon all other activities and charge directly at that object, continuing to charge until the object has been secured. All kinds of qualities are needed to make a great businessman. But aggressive single-mindedness is by far the most important. Indeed, it is indispensable.

 

I found it encouraging.  I hope you will too.

 

Read the whole thing here. http://www.forbes.com/opinions/free_forbes/2006/0130/031.html

No comments: