Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Shameful Mr Peanut

I have spent the afternoon doing paperwork in front of the TV screen watching the funeral of Corretta Scott King’ in Eddie Long’s church building.


Much of it has been inspirational and uplifting. I thought President Bush’'s statement was eloquent and in the right nature appropriate to the moment. Several others were in line with the day.


President Clinton and the Future President Clinton were magnificent.


Then there was Jimmy Carter. How did he ever become President? This is the lowest I have ever seen him sink. I have never had a very high opinion of him but it went down lower today if that is at all possible. He is hopeless. I know he thinks he said something of meaning today. He only said mean and base things. Please Mr. Peanut, Go away. You’'re embarrassing.


Seeing him on the dais with the Presidents Bush 1 and 2 and Clinton 1 and 2 he looked very small. He didn't even shake the standing President's hand when he came to the podium after shaking all others on the podium. That was out of line. President Bartlet from West Wing would have cut him off at the knees. He would have deserved it. Carter is now (in the world of Gene) the worst President this country ever had and if he could be impeached post presidency I would vote for it.


I expected banality from Ted Kennedy. Some other unknown Reverends got up and said some inappropriate things. I don’'t know who they were and if we are lucky they will slink back into the holes they came from.


This was a funeral, like President Clinton said, “"This is about a woman"”. He chastised the politicizing of the event. If you ever wondered about the class or lack of it of the left wing in this country I advise you to watch this funeral in full. I hope the RNC keeps copies. It will shock and shame you.


But they know no shame. I'’m not shocked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gene
When a person lives a life promoting peace and justice, it is appropriate that others who are also attempting to promote the same principles use the public funeral as a platform to further those principles. Coretta Scott King would expect no less! Just because you don't believe in those principles, or just because your favorite politicians took a hit for not upholding them fully does not mean you should be so dismissive and insulting to those people. The people with good hearts who want peace and justice deserve more respect from you. As a Christain, respect and logical argument should rule, rather than insults and mockery. You can do better!
I only hope at my funeral, someone will use it as a platform to promote environmentalism, and I hope that you will be there, and be respectful of those fine environmentalists!
Karma

Anonymous said...

Gene
When a person lives a life promoting peace and justice, it is appropriate that others who are also attempting to promote the same principles use the public funeral as a platform to further those principles. Coretta Scott King would expect no less! Just because you don't believe in those principles, or just because your favorite politicians took a hit for not upholding them fully does not mean you should be so dismissive and insulting to those people. The people with good hearts who want peace and justice deserve more respect from you. As a Christain, respect and logical argument should rule, rather than insults and mockery. You can do better!
I only hope at my funeral, someone will use it as a platform to promote environmentalism, and I hope that you will be there, and be respectful of those fine environmentalists!
Karma

5:06 AM

Gene said...

When a former President who should have known better got up and derided my President in public at a public fete on global TV in front of 10,000 people (that's not a nice little family funeral with friends at the Funeral Home) that's too much. You saw it. So did the whole world. Expect attack. He got it.

I question how much good he really has done. I think his actions speak volumes of who he really is. I'll come speak at your funeral if you die before me and say good things about the environmental things you have done. But I won't attack the person who spoke before me about his environmenatl views. That's what Carter did. He was despicable.