Sunday, March 19, 2006

Church a Bomb

Tonight as we often do we were off to Rockford to Faith Center for Church.
 
Worship was excellent.  Many great prophetic and encouraging words.  Then a young pastor came to speak. He was good.
 
Well into his talk Pastor Lyon came forward and without much emotion said, "I hate to interrupt but, we have had someone call in and tell us there is a bomb in the building.  I don't believe it but I am responsible to do the right thing.  Please take your things and leave the building".
 
People filed out in order. No panic.  No screaming.
 
These are people ready for heaven. 
 
My only question is who is the nutcase who does such a thing.  Is it a kid who thinks this is funny?  I hope they have caller ID.
 
Is this someone who hates Faith Center, or the speaker, or what? 
 
Or is it someone who is just a nut who hates Jesus.  We'll never know for sure. 
 
It's too bad.  I was enjoying the speaker.
 
Hard to scare Christians with death.  That's an improvement.  I would have just as soon sat thru it an called his bluff.  But, who knows what's right to do.  That's the first Church Service that ever bombed with a threat in my experience.
 
 

1 comment:

NodakJack said...

First they phone in a bomb threat to NCAA tournament and now your church! Will Al Qaeda ever cease their treatment of athletic supporters and Christianists?