Thursday, March 09, 2006

Stealing Glory

I was in conversation with my brother. He related a story of a woman who had attended his church. The pastor gave a sermon. The woman was touched. She might have even come to Jesus.

People all around were giving credit to the moving sermon the young pastor had given. I don’t know for sure, but maybe more credit was given and perhaps taken than was due.

I know for a fact that when I speak and it touches people It’s not about me. I’m a vehicle, a gift given of the Holy Spirit. I also know that if I even try to take credit at any level for what God does thru me he may cut me off until I repent.

God is jealous, and he will not share His glory with any man. If any man tries to steal His glory that man is in jeopardy of being stripped or worse.

Paul the apostle said that some plant, others water and others harvest. That means that from beginning to end there is a process orchestrated by the Holy Spirit to bring people to repentance. If we don’t give glory where glory is due we will be accountable to God. That’s more than some phony, “Glory to God” redundancy which is equivalent to gesundheit in meaning. It also means that we must be very careful to not take any credit for the results of the efforts of those who went before you in other people’s lives.

So to the young pastor, I’m glad you were used. I’m glad you prepared. Be thankful God uses you. Treat it with fear and trembling. To others around him, be careful to understand how God does what He does. Sometimes He will even use a Jackass to accomplish His mission.

And, He will share his Glory with NO MAN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not even pontificating bloggers?

Gene said...

Especially not

NodakJack said...

This Fonzie-like God of yours is scary. Not loving. You really should retract your claws. He seems much like Allah.