Sunday, March 12, 2006

We Plan to Take Over - Resistance is Futile

I just wrote about Club Gitmo in the comments section of Say Anything.  Time to close up shop in Cuba.  Fall 2006 is comin.  Not a popular view.  But when it's over it's over.  Boy, am I being pilloried by my conservative friends.  But now I see that Gitmo closure is under discussion.  It's time.  It's over.  Time for everybody to go home.
 
I also take a lot of heat from my conservative friends for my view of Wal-Mart. 
I was sad to see public radio (which is liberal but I listen anyway) take ads for Wal-Mart.  But Money talks and Bull- walks.  So much for courage of convictions.  They are hopeless hypocrites like everyone else. Anything for the buck. 
 
Now Wal-Mart is trying to coerce conservative bloggers with money. I haven't gotten a call.  I am too small potatoes for Wally.  Besides after my last tirade against them I think they burned my fax number.
 
I don't fit into the traditional conservative mold as well as Wal-Mart wants me to. 
Ron Dreher wrote about it in a book entitled Crunchy Conservatives How Birkenstocked Burkeans, gun-loving organic gardeners, evangelical free-range farmers, hip homeschooling mamas, right-wing nature lovers, and their diverse tribe of countercultural conservatives plan to save America (or at least the Republican Party)
 
National Review, that paragon of conservative thought dedicates a chat blog to the idea.  Interesting Reading.  Wal-Mart gets the snot kicked out of them there.
 
I don't feel so all alone anymore.  Liberals don't get it and Wal-Mart loving Conservatives don't either.  Some of us take a road somewhat less traveled and that makes all the difference.
 
We plan on taking over the place.
 

No comments: