Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I never do this

I can't say that because now I will.  Post on comments.
 
Below is a post about my Father-in-Law Ben.  His drift from the conservative fold. 
 
Nature of comments I hear and receive although I may not agree. 
 
...He may have grown
...He has the right to an opinion
            YES  He does, even if he's wrong.
 
The nature I don't agree with:
...And you call yourself a Christian.  Or that's not a very Christian thing to say or do.  ETC
          This nearly always emanates from a person who wouldn't know what it takes to be a Christian or what it means even if it bit them on the leg.  Sorry, but you have to earn the right to question any part of my "Christianity".  Show me your depth I might listen.   Give me chapter and verse, give me the word of God as applied to this then you will have my attention.  But, your perception of what it means or takes to live and be a Christian isn't even on the same planet.  You have bought some lie of the devil on what a "real" Christian is. Read my essay below (Click on the month of June archives and follow the yellow brick road), let me read yours, then let's talk.  So, don't bother preaching to me what it means to be a Christian I won't preach to you on how to be a good liberal.
 
....Maybe when you're 86 etc etc
 
Boy, talk about missing the point.  You would have to know Ben. He was a man of some influence at one time.  Republican Committeeman for the County.  A delegate.  VFW.  American Legion. WWII. When Bennie spoke folks had to listen even if they didn't always want to.  We went golfing with Ben (he drove the cart and we golfed) and at the 19th hole he entertained all with his wit and wisdom.    I even got an Oakes Golf Club hat.
 
Now his day is made up of: Get up, read the paper, watch the news, watch the ball game, take a nap, watch the news and go to bed.  86 will do that for you.  Having a triple bypass and not being able to walk well does that to you.  Occasionally he does play a game of cards.
 
His capacity for influence is much diminished and not that critical anymore.
No audience. 
 
Do I respect him?  As much as I ever did.  I honor him as my Father in Law.  He is my wife's dad.  Believe me, I honor him and I thank him often for his daughter.
 
So, with all due respect to the commenters.  You don't know.  You jumped way further to conclusions than was needed.  But, liberals do that.  Look at how they believe human caused global warming, WMD's not found, Hybrid Car Folly, etc.   Now Ben starts to believe the lies.  Liberal media.
 
If it wasn't for liberals and the greenpeace nuts today we would have nuclear power in abundance, coal converted to cheap gasoline virtually without end, more refinery capacity than we knew what to do with and if we ever let the liberals lose this war like that crackpot Murtha wants to do, our grandkids will all be reciting the Koran in school.
 
Thanks for the input, but Ben is wrong on the war.  I respect him in his ignorance.  No, his years doesn't make him smarter.  Just older.
 
Some people get 25 years experience in 25 years.  Some people have one year's experience 25 times.  And all permutations in between.
   
   
 

No comments: