Sunday, August 06, 2006

Menaissance Evaluation

How much are you like John Wayne, Pilgrim?

1=not at all 2=seldom 3=occasionally 4=mostly 5=always

____ Stoic (If I get shot, I just wrap a kerchief around the wound, dig the bullet out with my knife and remove it with my teeth.) I never complain.

____ Self Respecting (I know who I am and if you don’t like it, well, pardner, that’s tough)

____ Decisive (I know what to do, when and how quickly to act. Never taken by surprise)

____ Assertive (I don’t go pickin fights but if you punch me, well, you better duck)

____ Doesn’t wear heart on his Sleeve (I might be ahurt’n but you’ll never know)

____ Able to react to dynamic situations, critical people, ornery sheriffs, and rapid change all without taking offense.

____ Dutiful to the Mrs. and to the family. (a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do)

____ Provides and protects those he loves (You come after my wife or kids, I got a gun and I know how to use it)

____ Responsible (If he gives his word you can count on him to do what he said)

____ Moral (He knows the scout law and although there were no boy scouts then, he lives by it)

God made nothing in vain, he made you a man, he made her a woman. “Male and Female made he them”. Let’s not get all confused by being girly men.

Score 10 or less. You shouldn’t be in this meeting, the slumber party is next week.

11-20 Good start, let me take you bear hunting, and if you kill one, next time I’ll give you a weapon.

21-30 You are sorta manly but you need to get out of the suburbs a bit more. Eat more meat.

31-40 You are a guy’s, guy, not quite a man’s man yet. But, there’s hope. Lay off the quiche.

41-50 Harrrrr, a parrot on the shoulder and a peg leg and we’re off to sea.


Let’s Celebrate Manliness:
Restraint, courage, stoicism, rational thinking, nutty professors working on inventions in their garages, guitars, geeks, football, sweating in a tee shirt, baseball, and loving it most when women are women.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im a 47.

Now what?