Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Pastor Appreciation

I received some Pastor Appreciation notes this last month. I'm not a pastor. I am a minister of the Gospel of Christ. Called as Teacher-Prophet. Not Pastor.

So when one came addressed to "Reverend Redlin" I was amused and bemused.

On the other hand, I am going to ask the men to consider their BERUF (Calling, Vocation, Profession, Work) this weekend. Who do they really work for and what does that look like? I am called to work in the ministerial beruf here and now. I don't apologize or hang my head in false humility. It's a Beruf of God. We all have one. We must find it and walk it out. That's what I am believing will happen.

So, in the spirit of the appreciation, I say to all, thanks. I am privileged to be called to this Beruf in your midst of furthering the Kingdom of God in our lives.

Sometimes that is not easy. Sometimes it is in fact painful. One note came from a man with whom I had earlier had strong "Words" with. He is a man of God and knows that when it comes to kingdom things our egos have no place. Even when we get frank and practical with each other we can step out of ourselves and come up higher. That's the gift of Agape.

Thanks from the Rev....

No comments: