Friday, December 22, 2006

LAST POST

Traveling to Dakota I will be non-posting for a week at least. This may be the last post for the year.

I wish everyone all the best at this season of remembrance. We will face the year to come and I can only encourage you by some wise people saying Quasi-wise things.

"We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aid, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn."
- Henry David Thoreau

The snow is gone from Illinois. Winter is sort of here and not. It’s like being in Kentucky for weather. If it keeps going too long like this the Magnolias will have been fooled into bloom. Then again that’s not so bad.

"The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself."
- Henry Miller

I will be spending Christmas with Family, Family going thru changes. Some of those are painful changes. I would like to remember when it wasn’t so. I would like to remember the former things. But, I will try to treasure the here and now.

"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen."
- Edward de Bono

I want to believe all will be well, that all will work out for the best. I want to believe that but sometimes I struggle. Optimism is hard work. So, I watch and wait and am thankful who holds the future in His hands.

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."
- James Thurber

I will or might have much to Blog on in the New Year. But, I must update my diary.

"Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us."
- Oscar Wilde

God Bless us EVERY ONE!

Merry Christmas

See you soon……………………….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gene, you went farther north than I did. You went to celebrate Christmas in N.D. I went to Minn.. to celebrate the life of my sister and the greater gift of eternal life she has in Christ Jesus who was born to save us and "the litle ones". The funeral was on 12/21. Adelaide was one of the "little ones" of society. She was mentally handicapped all her life, lived in dependence on others, loved by mom and dad (she's in heaven with them)and by family and by Christian caretakers on a farm and in a day activities center for many years. Jesus in his ministry reached out to the "little ones" -- babes in arms, beggars, blind and deaf, forsaken lepers, the forgotten ones, the ones who don't count (and who don't know how to count). Adelaide reached 86 years plus of life in the kingdom of grace. When she spoke, she could not be udnerstood by many. She loved to sing and always clapped her hands. Karl Barth, the great theologian in Europe visited the USA after WWII, and was interviewed by many. One reporter asked, "Dr .Barth, what is most important to you? "Most important?" he responded, "this: Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so". Adelaide loved to sing that song, "Jesus loves me....little ones to Him belong; they are weak, for He is strong". Jesus loved Adelaide, she was one of the little ones, "great in the kingdom". This is a new verse to "Jesus Loves Me" -- "When the hands that clapped are still, Eyes that viewed a frm and hill, tongues that gladly sang His praise, All renewed in hea-ven's days. Yes, Jesus loves me...the Bible tells me so". Hapy New Year, Adelaide! Happy New Year, everybody!