Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Invasion of the "Christian" Left

I know I will lose a few people who read this blog because of what I'm about to say. I'm willing to take the chance. The truth is too important. I'm hoping that a few others will take this opportunity to re-examine the pacifist view of some Christian Mis-Leaders and see it for what it is.

My concern is that good well meaning men and women of God have been subverted by an insidious Marxist theology that preaches all things left.

This movement is led in part by Jim Wallis and Tony Campolo. Sojourners. They believe with all their heart that they are doing God's will. I know the impression is that Christianity is dominated by right wingers. I wish it were true being a right winger myself. It's not. Christianity is being led down a very flowery path to destruction by the lure of peace and safety. Paul warned of this in
I Thessalonians 5:3. We are there now.

These good people will be fodder for the Anti-Christ when he comes. They will willingly bow the knee to the false Christ in the belief that it will bring peace. It will only bring war, slavery and destruction.

This is a warning. Do not buy this false gospel. Jesus came to set us free. What would cause you to take on that yoke of bondage once again?

4 comments:

Julie said...

Interesting series on pacifism. I noticed they appeared after my own post on pacifism, but I'm not going to leap to conclusions or assume anything I wrote was enough to get you to write three posts on the subject.

Having said that, and just read your current post, I want to point out that there is no shortage of "true" Christians pointing at others going down the flowery path of destruction. I could point you in the direction of some even "truer" Christians who would say that about Pentecostals and anyone who puts stock in prophecy, tongues, etc. i.e. you. And me. I'm sure, if you've read enough of my posts on my blog, you know who they are that would do this.

I could say more, but won't. Here, at least...

Gene said...

Thanks Julie, But I didn't write most of it. Zig did. I just commented.

He said better what meant than I did.

Yes of course I responded to what you wrote on Pacifism. Sort of a you go girl. I considered commenting on your post but didn't want to start a war with Jim. He seems like a nice man (unlike me).

I know lots of people think I (and maybe you) are off the deep end in Pentecost and all. I'm not going to back down. Tomorrow night there is a story on ABC's Nightline about speaking in tounges. I know what they are going to say. It will be very favorable (IMHO).

I just gave all your Jesus Camp post links to John Armstrong (Linked to the left) who is intending to write a post on his blog about Becky Fischer. He's a pretty influential theologian and I am trying hard to keep him fair and balanced.

I'm hoping he won't dig the hole any deeper. The distance between Pentecostals and Mainline is pretty wide already.

But, I am who I am. I'm thankful for you. You are a constant inspiration. I have you on my google home page so within seconds of you writing something new its up. I don't have to log on 20 times a day anymore.

I even blogged about "withdrawl" while you were in Central America. Missed ya.

As you know, I get on a topic and can't get off until I've exhausted myself. I think I'm there with pacifism. On to something equally radical.

Sillie Lizzie said...

Well said, well spoken! I blogged on this subject over a week ago myself. Take a look.

Reject "Red Letter Christian" Wolves in Sheep's Clothing"

Anonymous said...

Yes, only you and those who believe like you know the "true" gospel.

You take a tradition that has a historic following and you reduce it to a false gospel.

Good work