Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dog Bites Man = War is Hell

I listened to the press conference by President Bush today.  Several of the more inane questions revolved around casualties of the war.  Ours and the Iraqis.
 
The essence of these questions was, many people are dying in Iraq and many others are suffering.  Isn't that horrible?
 
Can you even imagine anyone asking such a dumb question during World War Two?  I can't.
 
If dog bites man, not news, man bites dog news.  War is hell, not news.
 
Pitiful but not news. 
 
What did people think we were going to do when we went to war?  What did the dummies in congress think this was?   How can they now have the temerity to even question what we are doing.  War is tough.  It's hard.  People die.  Things get broken.  People suffer loss.
 
I'm not happy about that.  What I am is sick and tired of the same old pap about how bad war is.  Yep.  It's really bad except if we don't prevail.  That's worse. 
 
So, if it's all right with you next time I see a report on CNN, ABC, NBC or MSNBC about the human toll of war in pain and suffering I'll tune it out.
 
War is Hell, tyranny is hell squared.  Let's just win this one.  OK.
 
And, do me a favor report only when Man bites a dog and spare me the banality.  OK?  They won't but what does it matter, I'm ignoring them.

No comments: