Tuesday, June 19, 2007

How would it have been different?

I was at the House of Prayer the other night and saw a dad with his cute little 2 year old boy.  The music and worship atmosphere was rich.  During that time without ceremony or pretense that daddy took his little boy and held him.  He prayed in tongues over that child.  The little boy was peaceful and quiet.  He just soaked in that rich environment.
 
The rest of the night the music played, the word was brought, the ministry took place in prayer for needs but that little boy took it all in. He was being saturated in the Holy Ghost. 
 
I thought these Five Things:
  1. That little guy was experiencing the full counsel of God.  He'll never be the same.
  2. Children's Church could never compare to being in that Holy Ghost environment.
  3. That father was loving that little boy body, soul and spirit. 
  4. When that little guy is older he will have remembrances of that night.
  5. Seeds of faith were being planted.  The harvest will be years from now.
 
I wish my daddy had been in a church like that when I was a little guy.  I wish he had prayed in tongues over me.  I wish I had prayed in tongues over my kids like that.  I mean freely.  I do now, but it's not the same.  I missed so many opportunities. 
 
That was a blessed little boy and a father that is a blessing.

No comments: