Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Shoes of an Ambassador

Nine years ago I received a prophecy that I didn't understand.  Many times I get words from  people in the prophetic and sit on them for a long time.  Since I had lived in Germany and thought this might have something to do with working in ministry in Germany I always thought this was the future.  I see now it didn't. God had other plans.
 
One such was given me by Todd Beery who is head of Ark Ministries and the International House of Prayer in Bolingbrook.  He does a good work there and this coming Friday will graduate a group of a dozen or so interns who have been directly discipled by him.  They have learned a grown a great deal.  They will never be the same.  This internship is targeted to teens and young adults.  People don't seem to waver from this.  I respect and honor Todd for this good work.  He is doing the Great Commission, "Making Disciples".  Lots of people have "Church". Todd makes disciples and the proof in the pudding is years later the bulk of the many people who went thru the program are still sold out and devoted to Jesus.
 
Back to the prophecy.  He was praying for me and the Lord gave him a word.  He looked at my feet for a second, bent down and laid hands on them.  He said, "These are the shoes of an ambassador.  You will go to various places and you will carry the word of the Lord to them.  These are traveling shoes, the shoes of an ambassador."
 
I didn't think about that until I got a note from Bob Kessler, a man at Lord of Life I respect a lot.  He indirectly asked me what I'm up to.  I rehearsed to him what is going on with me right now in ministry.  I am traveling a great deal and I am bringing the word of the Lord to the places I go.  I have a sense this is about to increase.  I'm not preaching as much as I am prophesying.  This is intensifying and speeding up. 
 
Suddenly the whole prophetic word from 9 years ago makes sense.  I am called as an ambassador.  No less than any of the Prophets that have gone before.  I have been called out and sent.  I go where God opens  doors for me to bring his word and I shake the dust off my feet from those places where the word of the Lord isn't welcome. 
 
An Ambassador isn't welcome in every single embassy in the natural.  Neither am I.  I am only welcome where I am welcomed.  There seems to be a lot of open doors right now.  I'll walk thru them.
 
I'm thankful for that.  I'll just go put my shoes on now.  Boy, they need some polish.
 
I'm off again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a fortune cookie once that turned out to be true later. Lots of people do. Sometimes lots of times.