Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Quasquicentennial

We are heading for Ellendale North Dakota for the 125th anniversary of the town hoopla this coming weekend.. What is disheartening is I was there for the 75th, for the 100th and now the 125th. I'm planning on skipping the 150th. Or maybe not. I'll still only be 87. Ok, I'll sign up.

But the 175th is out. That's that.

You could play weekend at Bernie's with me I guess.

In any case, I'll be back on Tuesday. Kevin is flying in Tues Night for a month and a week. I'm looking forward to it. We have much technical work to do. He's going to help me get hooked up to high speed. New computers and all that other technical stuff this old Luddite doesn't have.

Tune in on Tuesday. I'll have a full report. And, a controversial opinion.

And, one other thing. I planted some Caragana recently and thought of you. Up till here this was not one of the 97% and now it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LaMoure had theirs last weekend. I was at the 100th, and for 23 years thought a Centennial was the end of the road for celebrations. Evidently Smalltown, ND, US of A will take every opportunity to put on a parade...enjoy...

E, G. Donaldson said...

Good Morning Gene,
I did a blog on Hebrews 6:4-6. I trust that your trip will go well.
Earl

Julie said...

I hope your chainsaw has a sharp blade.