Monday, October 22, 2007

Choosing Friends Well

I have to be more careful about who I let into my life.  I would like to say I am tolerant.  I am.  But some people are parasitic to my attitude and spirituality. 
 
It would be a lie to say I am so spiritually strong and unaffected or uninfected by people who are difficult or negative all the time that I can take it.  Even if I say that, I am not and insist that I am OK, I still am troubled if I spend too much time with the wrong people.  They suck life out of me.
 
If you are reading this, it's not about you.  I won't tell you who it is.  But, there are some people who I have had to make a value decision to put out of my life.  Jesus didn't call us to spend time with those who abused us. 
Matthew 10:14
If anyone doesn't welcome you or listen to what you say, leave that house or city, and shake its dust off your feet. 
 
The same is true of a person who decides to ignore the message that is your life . I can't afford him.  I need to move along, shake some dust off and become what I was created to be.
 
I can't afford him spiritually or emotionally.  They cost too much.  They take me places I didn't want to go for longer than I wanted to be there.
 
Don't bring me down was an old Beatles song.  It's true here too.

No comments: