Sunday, December 21, 2008

This would have been the 20th anniversary of the Orphaning of our children

20 years ago today Peggy and I were scheduled to fly from Frankfurt to New York on Flight 103.

I don't recall why, but we changed our reservation and flew back a day earlier.

Then the plane we were supposed to be on blew up. Pan Am over Lockerbie Scotland was bombed 20 years ago today. I was 43 years old. Peggy was a day away from her 41st birthday. That might be why we came back early.

In any case, we didn't die.

No one knows the day nor the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is true that "all things work together for good to them that love God". Obviously, there were some people on that flight that also loved God. Why I was not drowned going through a culvert iin a flood in 1936 is beyond my human understanding, for I also went through a 4-wired barbed fence, and did not get 'hung up". And in the 70 plus years since them I have had a lot of 'hang-ups', but God was merciful. . "Our times are in God's hands", and we are here to "deny oursevles, take up our cross and follow Him". Our day of grace is extended so God might use us for His
kingdom, and for the glory of Christ who saves us more than from the waters.