Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gene's Book Club Reccomendation

I just finished Mark Levin’s fine book, Liberty and Tyranny.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It is to me the most compelling case for taking our country back from the terminally insane that I have read. I have to say, I agree with him completely, I don’t often find myself in full agreement with him. I thought how he behaved during the GOP primaries to be out of line.

But reading this book has given me hope. I wish my liberal friends and even those who consider me an enemy would read it with an open mind and then, if at all possible, tell me where Levin goes wrong.

I wager it might be hard to do.

In any case, the encouragement is out there.

One last thing, he really has the fiscal, cultural and social issues well in hand. He talks about tax cuts and spending in light of our culture and not in light of putting more money in people’s pockets. This is a language conservatives will have go learn to speak if they want to have a shot in 2010 or 12. The game has changed. Taxes and spending as important as they are lose elections.

Read it, you’ll be glad you did. It’s a little hard to find seeing as how it sells zillions of copies and is Number one on the NYT bestseller list.

In fact, in visiting the local bookstore to buy it I was heartened at how many GOOD conservative books are on the good selling racks.

We may be winning and didn’t know it.

No comments: