Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Sense of Dread

Over the weekend I was talking to a liberal friend. She had voted for Obama. Was excited to do so. She has been a liberal for a long time.

But, she reported to me that she is suffering from a severe sense of dread. A fear, a trepidation.

Nothing seems to be as it should be. Things are out of kilter. The government owning the car builders and banks. Swine Flu. Economy not getting well. Basic rights being threatened.

I was shocked to hear her say these things. She is not a one time liberal. She has voted D most of her life. Proudly.

Now, as she put it, there is something profoundly wrong and I am afraid.

If this were one of my right wing friends it might be expected. But she fears our country is sliding down a slope more slippery than she signed up for at the ballot box.

I think this feeling is wider and broader than anyone things. I was watching Jon Stewart for the first time in years. He had a bit on swine flu. It was amusing.

Then he lit into Obama.

Obama and all the cronies which now includes Specter (they can have him, we'll wipe the floor with him next year) have found the deep end and gone off it.

This won't end well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Everything is off kilter. Right and wrong are absolutely reversed. It's like plague and economic collapse came overnight. I also believe David Wilkerson's warning, that far worse is coming, and soon.

Yes I am scared. I'm scared for lots of innocent people, of what we all could be facing very soon. It's hard to turn off the news and look up to the heavens, but I know our Redemption draws near. I have to trust and keep holding on, as the evil darkness creeps over the world. I intend to work until the final hour for Him, until He calls for us. I know my Redeemer is coming back. Praise God!

Anonymous said...

what utter nonsense in every way. i seem to have missed the stewart-bashes-obama - and fear the you people propogate has no real meaning about whether things are working or not working. a government is not run on emotion.

Anonymous said...

Thank God "us people" have the Blessed Hope to look forward to, in a world that is imcreasingly looking more hopeless by the day! How far things have fallen in just 100 days, and how much far they will still fall. May God have mercy.