Monday, May 18, 2009

About Torture

Ms Pelosi's lies about her knowledge of Torture or not has led to a discussion about torture: (waterboarding isn't torture, irritating, but not torture, torture must leave permanent scars and disfigurement, if it's torture, you'll know it).

Charles Krauthammer knows a little about pain (permanently set in a wheelchair) writes pretty well about the whole debate.

I don't like torture, wish it never happened, but if you put my family in a circumstance where I believe that to save them from certain death I have to torture you, you are in big trouble.

To do othewise is unhuman and savage, like eating your own young. I know that's harsh, but I don't think we really understand until we have been there. All the pontificating and theories will go right out the window when any of you or I am faced with the choice between inflicting bodily harm to save my family or not. I don't have to think about it. The choice is clear for those who think clearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really should educate yourself rather than coninuing to spout this nonsense. It is all just politics to you, isn't it? Your side is 'for' torture so you can't read the articles that talk about what works and does not work and make up your own mind. You can only find articles others have written that slam democrats for trying to stop it. You do not know what torture is. You do not know what it does to people. You do not know how it affects the torturer. You do not know that there are more effective methods that are not torture. You will not learn any of this because you love your political dogma too much to be open to truth. And after you have lost the email debate, posting it here does not make it true. You are still wrong.