Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My posting policy on comments - a reminder

I accidentally posted a couple comments today by hitting the wrong button. They were and from this corespondent are always mean spirited, nasty, demeaning and condescending.

SO, for the most part they don't pass or get published.

What's the point?

If you don't like what I wrote, I'll hear it, but if you are just trying to put words to a spirit of bitterness I won't be an enabler.

So, it's not about your comment, it's about the spirit behind it.

Please, don't hurt yourself anymore by trying to be any nastier than normal. It's like taking poison and hoping the other person will get sick and die.

Never works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) It isn't 'mean' or 'nasty' just because it takes you to task for acting irresponsibly and causing possible harm out there. maybe you ought to be a little more open minded and when the commnent bothers you, let it make you think about the situation.
2) Even if you accept a comment by accident, as blog owner, you are in control. You can still delete it, not matter how long it's been there. If you want your site to be squeaky clean of criticiss, take control and keep it that way. Delete. Delete. Delete. Done.

Gene said...

1. Responsibility is in the eye of the beholder. I think about things too much.

2. I NEVER want my blog to be free of critics. I DO want my blog free of vitriol.

That's the difference. I post all critical comments that are vitriol free.

On Say Anything because I am in favor of universal health care (not the way Obama tried however), like
Huckabee and Palin and believe in social conservatism (not in favor of Gay marriage) I am abused with vitriol you can't believe.

I'm like that old Steelers Wheel song, Stuck in the middle.

The vitriol and f bombs are hard to take. I step away often.

I just don't want to go there, here.... So if you are nasty, you will go away.

I hope you understand.