Thursday, August 06, 2009

A Precious Man becomes Chief Bishop as a Precious Man Leaves Office

I had noted earlier of the wonderful time I spent with the outgoing Bishop of the IPHC in Columbus.

How much I appreciate him. How much I still do. He is off to be the President of a Bible College. There is much to do yet for him. He doesn't know that. He will

Our new Bishop of the whole Organization is Ronald Carpenter Sr. Ever since I joined the IPHC as a minister nearly a decade ago he has been part of my life. I honor him.

He often would respond to articles I wrote. He would contact me sometimes when there was situations. And most important, when it got very tough, he didn't give up on me.

When I was first credentialed, he was the officer in Charge. That mattered to me then and it still does.

As Bishop Legget left his post the last official act was to lay hands and pray for different ministers. He did so and when he laid hands on me he called out the gift God has given thru my ministry.

I am so thankful that the retiring Bishop and the New Bishop are not just acquaintances, but men I respect, honor, have had dinner with and who's lives are transparent and open. Men that care about me. Men who are led by the Spirit of God in unique ways.

God bless the International Pentecostal Holiness Church and it's leaders as they move into a new era.

God Bless Bishop emeritus Legget and Bishop Carpenter. Like the old ALLSTATE commercial says, we are in GOOD HANDS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that brother...and the BEST is YET to come! I'm stoked.

No one's ever seen or heard anything like this, never so much as imagined anything quite like it - what God has arranged for those who love Him.

But you've seen and heard it because God by His Spirit has brought it all out into the open before you.

1 Corinthians 2:9-10