Wednesday, November 11, 2009

To Athiests---"Hating God is not a search for the truth. It is a conclusion without having all the facts.

That statement was made to a Former Atheist of my Acquaintance. His comment to me was to disagree with the idea that they didn't have all the facts:

They have them. As a former atheist I can say with confidence that it is never a genuine intellectual position; only a moral one. "I wanted life to have no meaning," said atheist Aldous Huxley, "because it freed me to my own erotic pursuits."
I am haunted by the phrase, "I wanted life to have no meaning". How pitiful and pitiable. When they woke up this morning they believed in something. What happens when the eternal alarm clock (the one that decides if you live or die) doesn't wake them? Then they know face to face.

This keeps me driving on.... IF just one soul finds the truth it's enough.

No comments: