Monday, July 26, 2010

Parsing the Hinn Statement

Benny Hinn and Paula White have made a statement regarding their relationship and the scandal they have inflicted on us all. I parse it as follows:

"Because of my preeminent priority to my ministry and calling,

MY Ministry? Preeminent? Not much ego there is there. He has a ministry and he is called but he isn't any more important than anyone else

Paula and I have concluded that we should avoid the appearance

Little late for that Benny. You needed to get your appearances right long ago.

that our friendship is biblically impure or violates Scripture in any way," Hinn
wrote.

FRIENDSHIP? I have friends, male and female. I don't check into hotels and walk around holding hands with them. Not very convincing.

He added that the two had "independently determined

Except when you read Hinn and White's statements they mirror each other. No independently was harmed in the issuing of this statement.

that we will have no further social relationship

It's not social that taints the Bride of Christ

until such time as my divorce has concluded

Sounds like fighting for your marriage is off the plate. Guess a younger hottie seems better meat for the future.

and only if we feel direction from the Lord to do so."

FEEL is the operative word here. No common sense is involved.

If I sound a little irritated, it's hard enough to stand for Jesus in our culture than to have these two besmirching everything we fight for. Shame on both of them.

I hope they slink off into the dark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope there is true repentance and that they stay in their houses, and let the true and simple Gospel be proclaimed by simple faithful and Christ-called pastors and people who do not become idols of their followers. . . . h.a.h.

rbb said...

Of all the disgraceful Jesus hucksters, I can't believe this guy even has a place.

Shame on his devotees.