Monday, August 22, 2011

Books I SHOULD read..but won't

I was reading this book today, 'The History Of Glue.' I couldn't put it down. *

I tried to read "The Technical Manual of Roofing" but it was over my head.

I did wade through "The Natural History of Wetlands".

I was reading "The Benefits of Sleep" last night when I dozed off.

I had a hard time with "Stone Building Projects".

"Modern Diamond Cutting" made some really good points.

I was stunned with the advances in technology described in "Tasers Today".

I was shocked at how complicated home wiring can be in "Electrician's Handbook".

"Wedding Planning" was engaging.

"Organic Farming" was down to earth but the level of detail in "Farm Manure Management" just stunk.

I was foggy on some of the concepts in "Weather Systems and Patterns".

"All About Windows" was enlightening while "Curtains, Blinds, and Shades" left me in the dark on which to choose.

"Horse Racing Then and Now" was a fast read but "Marathon Training" ran on and on.

"Ikebana" used too much flowery language.

"Cooking with Spices" was more to my taste.

I got all wrapped up in reading "King Tut and other Mummies".

"Back Doors and Loading Docks" was just not up my alley.

I got "Clocks and Watches" at the library but ran out of time and had to return it.

"Planning Your Funeral" bored me stiff.

"Collecting Feather Dusters" tickled me with its amusing stories.

I was crushed by the sad ending to "Avalanche".

The equally tragic ending to "The Blizzard of 1837" left me cold.

But "Rescued from the Volcano's Path" warmed my heart.

No comments: