Friday, February 24, 2012

ALGAE

I know many of my right wing friends will think I have gone off the reservation. I AGREE with Pres Obama on this. I did my due diligence and long ago made the assessment that as opposed to wind, solar, ethanol, cellulosic conversion, electric cars and hybrids, this is ONE genuine answer. My only criticism of the President is the amount being spent is way too little. This will work if we commit to it, coal, more oil and nuclear.Many can testify to my long term support for this promising technology. We could replace ALL our oil with this and take up an area less than the state of Nevada for production. The other benefit is it thrives in bad water. Sewer water. Waste water. All around a great program. I wish we could have all the money back from the other foolhardy ventures and invest it in this along with nuclear. I know there has been some blowback from Charles Krauthamer. He's wrong on this.

www.businessweek.com
The Energy Department plans to invest $14 million to make transportation fuels out of algae, according to the White House.

No comments: