Sunday, April 15, 2012

I know my Friend Chuck Comstock thought I had a rock in my head long ago when I said that Hybrids were Hula Hoops. It took longer than I thought it would, but sanity is beginning to return to auto buying. There is a place for hybrids (busses and taxis if they run on CNG) but not for personal transportation. There is no economic reason to own a hybrid automobile. I have done the math over and over and over again for friends of mine.... I guess it's an emotional buy which thankfully is beginning to come to senses. The Hybrid Prius with the little old man driving it and an Obama Sticker on the back is entering the Jurassic era.
bottomline.msnbc.msn.com
Hybrid sales have been surging as fuel prices take their latest run towards record levels. But the news might not be nearly as good as it would seem if a new study by R.L. Polk is any indication. Despite previous sales surges tied to past petroleum price hikes the U.S. hyb …

No comments: