Monday, July 09, 2012

POVERTY is the RESULT of BAD Generosity and Misplaced Compassion

Economic oppression most often comes disguised as a hand out.

Every time you weaken a member of a family, you weaken the family.

Every time you weaken a citizen of a nation, you weaken the nation.

Every time you give someone something that robs from them the opportunity to discover what they are made of, you have taken something irreplaceable from them.

The best contribution you can make to solving world poverty is to not be poor yourself. The stronger and richer you are the more capable you are of helping others by building a business and giving someone a job.

If you really want to help someone, you have to help them be responsible for themselves. Compassion and generosity are not the same thing.

I was reprimanded thus 30 years ago by a Prophet of God from Florida. He didn't know me, but he instructed me in this. I was stupid with my money, giving lots of it to people who didn't know how to handle it. I even did it to my own family and have two members in my extended family who are now poor because of my so called generosity. It was all a power trip on my part. I offer this in the hopes that you might not make the mistakes I did.

No comments: