Saturday, September 29, 2012

I have been thinking about the Christian's posture toward an enemy intent on killing you. If it's in your home and your family is in danger, I think you have to do what you can to protect them... If it's an assault on your community you must do what you can to keep the outside forces out. If you nation is under attack as Holland was during WWII you do what you can to subvert the intentions of
the enemy. Knowing who the enemy is and what their intentions towards you are is the most important in deciding how you will comport yourself towards them. During the cold war the enemy was secretive, aloof, distant. There was no communication.

There are those intent on destroying you. Jesus said pray for your enemy. Paul said so as well. I studied this out today. I'm not sure we understand what we should or shouldn't do when someone is out to destroy you. I know we don't tolerate this in a church. If you have a destructive individual in a church, a Jezebel, a usurper, you as a leader will put that person out...then in pious rectitude "Pray" for them, probably more as David prayed for his enemies. Look it up, he started with "break their legs God". IF we don't tolerate that in a community fellowship..why do we think we can in a larger community or even in our nation?

There is a place for us to pray for individuals who might otherwise be an enemy. I knew Russians when they were considered enemies. I had many Muslim friends in Europe. I got to know some Iranians. I intentionally sought to become part of their lives. Then I could pray for them. Then I could be salt and light.

There are spirits however that take over a people. The anti Semitic Nazi spirit was evil and by no means should we pray FOR those so committed to destruction. We have the same spirit alive today. I think we must be wise.

We do not understand the difference between praying against a deception for light to come and praying for those who are trapped in the deception. I think we confuse ourselves.... Pray for your enemies as individuals. Protect your family, community and nation from the spirit the makes those individuals enemy.

No comments: