Thursday, July 04, 2013

Could I Have My Country Back by Roy Beaird


It’s just a thought but one that I’d like to see.
Congress can you make it a reality?
I can’t afford these lavish trips,
Taken by the Obamas in cars, planes, and ships.
What does a few hundred million mean to you and me?
Especially in this roaring economy.

Mr. President our nation was founded on a desire,
Inside the hearts burned a blazing fire.
The Founders wanted to provide,
A Free Nation that would long abide.
They carefully thought and wrote the decree,
The Constitution established we are free.

You have made your apology tour and America defamed,
Tarnishing our legacy and history without shame.
You have befriended those who seek our demise.
Sir, do you really think that is wise?
Today, Jihadism is on the rise,
More emboldened than ever one can clearly surmise.

Could I have my country back please?
If it would help I ask on my knees.
But I won’t beg that’s not what America is about.
From the rooftop this declaration I will shout.
America is about Freedom and Liberty,
The right of every individual to be Free.

© Roy Beaird - 2013

No comments: